School Age Swim Lessons in Blairgowrie
Skills for swimming are skills for life
Whatever your age, learning to swim should be fun. Our swimming lesson programme caters for children from Primary 1 upwards, through 4 levels. The Scottish Swimming Learn to Swim Programme progresses children from Level 1 to Level 4. For more information on Socttish Swimming visit https://www.scottishswimming.com/learn-to-swim.aspx
Courses run for 10 week blocks. Please note that participants will not necessarily move up a level every block. Lessons are 30 minutes.
9:00 am & 10.30am
|Level 7||4.30pm - 5.15pm|
5.15pm - 6.00pm
- LEVEL 1 - No experienced required. Introduces the young non swimmer to the water environment.
- LEVEL 2 - The underwater environment and submerging is introduced while building on confidence in the water.
- LEVEL 3 - Early swimming stroke technique and floating skills are introduced.
- LEVEL 4 - Swimming strokes are taken further along with building on spatial awareness and performing tasks upside down.
- LEVEL 5 - Basics of tumbling and streamlining their movement through the water, and kicking for a set distance, is covered.
- LEVEL 6 - Undulation and skulling techniques along with motor skill patterns are developed.
- LEVEL 7 - Practice of endurance swimming and personal water safety skills.
- LEVEL 8 - Rhythm and stroke technique providing skills to pursue any activity in aquatics.
- ADVANCED - Further rhythm and stroke technique, also a focus on stamina with a view to continue on to swimming club level.