Opportunities for Sports Coaches and Volunteers
Personal Development Workshops for Sports Coaches and Volunteers
In accordance with the government, we have taken the difficult decision to close all Live Active venues. Click here for the latest updates.
1. Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport - Free You must be aged 18 and over.
This training is suitable for all adults involved in sports organiations that have under 18 participants. It is targeted at all coaches and volunteers working directly with children and young people. The training gives an insight into the issues and legal matters surrounding child wellbeing and protection in sport as well as giving practical guidance for clubs.
Participants MUST complete an online module (module 1 - approx 45 mins) which is theory-based before applying for the face to face learning (Module 2 - a 3 hour course).
Module 1 - CWPS eLearning module 1 (please ensure you complete the short survey at the end of the module. This will generate a confirmation of completion email, which you should take to the Module 2 session as evidence for the tutor.)
|Online||Thursday 2nd July||18:00 - 21:00||Spaces||Sign up here
2. Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport: Officer Training (formally In Safe Hands) - Free
This 3 hour workshop supports clubs to put child protection policies into practice. It is most suitable for those acting as the club protection officer but is also relevant for those responsible for managing or organising the club. It is a requirement that the individuals have attended a Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport / Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop before attending this Workshop.
Thursday 9th July
|18:00 -21:00||Spaces||Sign up here
3. Emergency First Aid - £60.00* (plus booking fee)
IQL Level 2 Emergency First Aid courses for sport coaches. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course.
4. Scottish Youth Football Association recognised Emergency First Aid - £60.00* (plus booking fee)Sports injury first aid course. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course.
* PACES clubs receive a limited number of free places, per calendar year, on the workshops (detailed below). Once these places have been allocated the normal charge will apply.
|Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport||1||2||3|
|Children 1st - In Safe Hands||1||2||3|
|Emergency First Aid and SFYA First Aid||1||2||3|
Tel: 01738 454625.