Opportunities for Sports Coaches and Volunteers
Personal Development Workshops for Sports Coaches and Volunteers
1. Safeguarding and Protecting Children - £26.65*
This workshop is aimed at coaches and those working with children and young people in sport. The workshop gives an insight into the issues and legal matters surrounding child protection in sport as well as giving practical guidance for clubs.
|Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH||6 March 2019||18.30 - 21.30|| Spaces
|Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH||5 September 2019||18.30 - 21.30||Spaces|
|Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH||11 November 2019||18.30 - 21.30||Spaces|
2. Children 1st – In Safe Hands - £26.65*
This 3 hour workshop supports clubs to put child protection policies into practice. It is most suitable for those acting as the club protection officer but is also relevant for those responsible for managing or organising the club. It is a requirement that the individuals have attended the Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop before attending the In Safe Hands Workshop.
|Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH||19 March 2019||18.30 - 21.30|| Spaces
|Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH||19 November 2019||18.30 - 21.30||Spaces|
3. Emergency First Aid - £50.00*
IQL Level 2 Emergency First Aid courses for sport coaches. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course.
|Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH||9 November 2019||09.00 - 16.30||Spaces|
4. Scottish Youth Football Association recognised First Aid - £50.00* (specifically for coaches in youth football clubs)Sports injury first aid course. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course.
|North Inch Community Campus, Perth, PH1 5BF||8 June 2019||08.30 - 16.30|| Spaces
|North Inch Community Campus, Perth, PH1 5BF||1 December 2019||08.30 - 16.30||Spaces|
* PACES clubs receive a limited number of free places, per calendar year, on the workshops (detailed below). Once these places have been allocated the normal charge will apply.
|Safeguarding & Protecting Children and Safeguarding & Protecting Children 2||1||2||3|
|Children 1st - In Safe Hands||1||2||3|
|Emergency First Aid and SFYA First Aid||1||2||3|
Please make cheques payable to Live Active Leisure.