Opportunities for Sports Coaches and Volunteers
ersonal Development Workshops for Sports Coaches and Volunteers
1. Safeguarding and Protecting Children - £26.65*
This workshop is aimed at coaches and those working with children and young people in sport. The workshop gives an insight into the issues and legal matters surrounding child protection in sport as well as giving practical guidance for clubs.
|North Inch Community Campus, Perth||25 June 2018||18.30 - 21.30||Spaces|
|North Inch Community Campus, Perth||4 September 2018||18.30 - 21.30||Spaces|
|Dewars Centre, Perth||12 November 2018||18.30 - 21.30||Spaces|
2. Safeguarding & Protecting Children 2 - £26.65*
This refresher workshop is aimed at coaches. You will cosolidate, update and build on knowledge gained on the Safeguarding & Protecting Children (SCP) workshop. You will have the opportunity to share best practice and learn from each other's experiences. In order to keep up to date in this area, it is recommended that individuals first attend the SCP workshop and follow this up with SCP2 every 2 to 3 years.
3. Children 1st – In Safe Hands - £26.65*
This 3 hour workshop supports clubs to put child protection policies into practice. It is most suitable for those acting as the club protection officer but is also relevant for those responsible for managing or organising the club. It is a requirement that the individuals have attended the Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop before attending the In Safe Hands Workshop.
|Dewars Centre, Perth||21 November 2018||18.30 - 21.30||Spaces|
4. Emergency First Aid - £50.00*
IQL Level 2 Emergency First Aid courses for sport coaches. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course.
|Dewars Centre, Perth||10 November 2018||09.30 - 16.30||Spaces|
5. Scottish Youth Football Association recognised First Aid - £50.00* (specifically for coaches in youth football clubs)Sports injury first aid course. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course. (attendance on both days required)
* PACES clubs receive a limited number of free places, per calendar year, on the workshops (detailed below). Once these places have been allocated the normal charge will apply.
Safeguarding & Protecting Children & Safeguarding & Protecting Children 2 - 3 free places.
Children 1st - In Safe Hands - 3 free places.
Emergency First Aid and SFYA First Aid - 2 free places.
Please make cheques payable to Live Active Leisure.