Sports Development - Help for Clubs - COVID-19
What do you need to do before restarting your sport/club?
In line with Government and SGB guidelines, review and update your club participation procedures. Make sure all staff, coaches and volunteers are consulted and updated of final plans. You can also ask your participants what they think, to help create your guidance.
- sportscotland SGB list
- Session Risk Assessment Template
- Advice for Participants and Parents/Guardians
CLUBS WITH FACILITIES
If you operate a venue, consider how you will reopen in line with SGB / Government guidance, then review and update your venue procedures. Make sure all staff and volunteers are consulted and updated of final plans.
Look at your club’s finances and identify any areas of risk. There are lots of opportunities to apply for funding to help.
- Government Support
- Live Active Sport Grants (Now Closed)
- Perth and Kinross Council have produced this Funding Alert
- Perth and Kinross Sports Council are still open for Grant Applications
- Local areas may also have funds like Wind Farm Funds, it is worth researching this:
- Local Action Partnerships may also be giving out small grants, more information on them can be found here
- The Gannochy Trust Grants for Charities affected by COVID-19
- Cash Flow Template
To prepare for club activities re-starting, consider appointing a ‘Covid-19 Club Officer’ to help implement the advice your club draws up. You can also consider additional training: