School Age Swim Lessons in Highland Perthshire
Our swimming lesson programme caters for children from Primary 1 upwards, through the various levels. The Scottish Learn to Swim Programme progresses children from level 1 - 8.
Courses run for 10 week blocks. Please note that participants will not necessarily move up a level every block. Lessons are 30 minutes.
|Level 1 & 2||4.00pm||4.30pm||
|Level 7 & 8||5.30pm|
- LEVEL 1 - No experienced required. Introduces the young non swimmer to the water environment.
- LEVEL 2 - The underwater environment and submerging is introduced while building on confidence in the water.
- LEVEL 3 - Early swimming stroke technique and floating skills are introduced.
- LEVEL 4 - Swimming strokes are taken further along with building on spatial awareness and performing tasks upside down.
- LEVEL 5 - Basics of tumbling and streamlining their movement through the water, and kicking for a set distance, is covered.
- LEVEL 6 - Undulation and skulling techniques along with motor skill patterns are developed.
- LEVEL 7 - Practice of endurance swimming and personal water safety skills.
- LEVEL 8 - Rhythm and stroke technique providing skills to pursue any activity in aquatics.