Our Gymnastics team are excited to announce the recommencement of Wee Springers and Gymnastics from Monday 2nd November.
We continue to follow Perth and Kinross guidance on venue access, so to ensure consistency of our gymnastics programme, all sessions will be run in Bell’s Sports Centre.
Gymnasts who previously attended sessions at Live Active Atholl, Live Active Blairgowrie, Strathearn Community Campus or Loch Leven Community Campus will be invited to attend Bell’s Sports Centre on either a Friday evening or Saturday morning.
BOOKING & PAYMENT
Booking for all those who had a child booked into the January to March 2020 term will open on 19th October. However, unlike previous rebooking periods, we will contact you to allocate your child’s place and take payment, along with refunding for the April to July term if applicable. Please do not contact the venue at this stage.
Please note recreational gymnasts will be able to book in for any available class, gymnasts previously in P7 will now be able to access S1 classes and Wee Springers who are now school age will be able to move up into a gymnastics class.
Things are going to look a little different but here’s a few things you can expect:
• Friday and Saturday sessions will be prioritised for our participants that did not attend a class at Bell’s Sports Centre previously.
• We’ll have a maximum of 16 children per gymnastics class instead of our usual 21 to allow us to adhere to social distancing regulations.
• Class times have altered slightly to allow for additional cleaning of equipment.
• All Gymnastics and Wee Springers sessions will be held in the Main Arena at Bell’s Sports Centre
• All Wee Springers classes will be 45 minutes in duration.
• During Wee Springers sessions, one parent must participate in the class with their child to help assist using the equipment, allowing our coaches to maintain a 2-metre distance.
• Parents and guardians of P1 - P3 participants must stay in the venue to assist their child if they need to visit the toilet and will be able to view the class from the allocated seating area.
• There will be no access to water fountains so please make sure your child brings their own water to class.
• Gymnastics and Wee Springers sessions will now take place in the Main Arena at Bell’s Sports Centre.
• Entry is through the fire door at the front of the building to the right of the usual main entrance, please do not access the building using the main entrance.
• If there is a queue please adhere to social distancing guidelines.
• Please have your Live Active Leisure Card ready for entry.
• Please ensure your child arrives on time and leaves their session promptly to allow us to keep sessions running on time.
• The exit for gymnasts is through a separate fire exit door located between main reception and door you enter through, but we’ll have signs to direct you and coaches will also assist.
DURING THE SESSION
• On entry you’ll be asked to drop your child off to a holding area in front of the gymnastics court.
• Gymnasts will be asked to remove outdoor shoes and jackets, giving them to their parents, those arriving on their own can place their shoes in a designated bench area.
• Parents/guardians will then make their way to the allocated seating area and gymnasts will be invited on to the Gymnastics court when it is ready.
• To assist with maintaining social distancing and safe access to equipment, sessions will run in groups creating a bubble. Each session will be split into groups which will rotate around the equipment with their dedicated coach.
• Our coaches will be wearing masks during sessions, however can remove them temporarily to assist a child with hearing difficulties who may lip read to understand the instruction being given.
• Following Scottish Government and Scottish Gymnastics guidelines, Special dispensation has been permitted to allow for the 'high risk' spotting of gymnasts to prevent the risk of injury or serious accident or where a gymnast with a disability requires functional support to help them participate.
• All ‘soft-material’ toys have been removed for pre-school sessions, so only equipment/toys that have hard or vinyl surfaces (which can be wiped clean) will be in use.
• Adults are not permitted on the Air Track, unless it is to help their child to get off.
• No outdoor footwear is permitted on the Gymnastics court.
• Gymnasts should remove any footwear in the holding area and place it on the designated class bench at the far side of the hall.
• Water bottles will be placed in a designated space within the gymnastics court.
• Gymnasts should come to training GYM READY, wearing a leotard or t-shirt, leggings/shorts and sliders/flip flops/trainers. Any additional clothing such as jackets should be given to the parent or guardian.
• All long hair must be up tightly in either a bun, plaited or in a ponytail, so it stays in place for the duration of the session.
• All jewellery must be removed with any recent piercings being taped beforeentering the gym.
• Coaches cannot help with putting hair up or taping.
• There is a dedicated ‘gymnasts’ toilet which is located to the side of the Gymnastics court, accessed from the corridor.
•The Accessible Toilet (with baby changing station) will remain open as normal.
• All parents/guardians will be required to fully supervise their child(ren) when visiting the toilet if they are Pre-school or P1 – P3.
• Hand washing signs are in place to remind our customers of the hand washing procedures required.
• Customers must sanitise their hands upon arrival at the venue.
• We also have several sanitising stations around Gymnastics court for participants to use throughout the class.
• We have a number of additional cleaning measures in place to ensure your child’s safety.
• Full cleaning of the venue will take place on a daily basis with high touch point areas being cleaned regularly.
• Equipment (wedges, hoops, balance beams, table tops etc) will be cleaned between each session.
In addition, we ask all customers to read through our customer guide for additional information on what is required when using our venues.
We’re currently dealing with a large volume of enquiries so ask that you visit our Frequently Asked Questions webpage before contacting us as it may answer any queries you have. Any further updates will be shared on our website and social media channels.