Our Gymnastics team are excited to announce the recommencement of Wee Springers (11th May) and Gymnastics from Monday 10th May.
We continue to follow Perth and Kinross guidance on venue access, so to ensure consistency of our gymnastics programme, all sessions will be run in Bell’s Sports Centre.
Please note this information is subject to changes based on Scottish Government guidelines.
Things are going to look a little different but here’s a few things you can expect:
• Friday and Saturday sessions will be prioritised for our participants who usually attend our locality sessions.
• We’ll have a maximum of 16 children per recreational gymnastics class instead of our usual 21 to allow us to adhere to social distancing regulations.
• All participants ages 5 years + must wear a face covering whilst moving around the building. This is not required when taking part in the activity.
• Class times have altered slightly to allow for additional cleaning of equipment.
• All Gymnastics and Wee Springers sessions will be held in the Main Arena at Bell’s Sports Centre
• All Wee Springers classes will be 45 minutes in duration.
• During Wee Springers sessions, one parent must participate in the class with their child to help assist using the equipment, allowing our coaches to maintain a 2-metre distance.
• Parents and guardians of P1 - P3 participants must stay in the venue to assist their child if they need to visit the toilet and will be able to view the class from the allocated seating area.
• There will be no access to water fountains so please make sure your child brings their own water to class.
• Gymnastics and Wee Springers sessions will now take place in the Main Arena at Bell’s Sports Centre.
• Entry is back to normal, through the main door at the front of the building.
• If there is a queue, please adhere to social distancing guidelines.
• Please ensure your child arrives on time and leaves their session promptly to allow us to keep sessions running on time.
• The exit for gymnasts is through a separate fire exit door located at the front of the arena, but we’ll have signs to direct you and coaches will also assist.
DURING THE SESSION
• On entry you’ll be asked to walk around to the seating units and drop your child off to a holding area on court 2 (middle court). Children will enter onto court 2 and exit from court 3.
• Gymnasts will be asked to remove outdoor shoes and jackets, giving them to their parents, those arriving on their own can place their shoes in a designated bench area.
• Parents/guardians will then make their way to the allocated seating area and gymnasts will be invited into classes when we are about to start. Parents are reminded to maintain social distancing when using the seating areas.
• To assist with maintaining social distancing and safe access to equipment, sessions will run in groups creating a bubble. Each session will be split into groups which will rotate around the equipment with their dedicated coach.
• Our coaches will be wearing face coverings or visors during sessions however, can remove them temporarily to assist a child with hearing difficulties who may lip read to understand the instruction being given.
• Following Scottish Government and Scottish Gymnastics guidelines, Special dispensation has been permitted to allow for the 'high risk' spotting of gymnasts to prevent the risk of injury or serious accident or where a gymnast with a disability requires functional support to help them participate.
• All ‘soft-material’ toys have been removed for pre-school sessions, so only equipment/toys that have hard or vinyl surfaces (which can be wiped clean) will be in use.
• Adults are not permitted on the Air Track, unless it is to help their child to get off.
• No outdoor footwear is permitted on the Gymnastics court.
• Gymnasts should remove any footwear in the holding area and place it on the designated class bench at the far side of the hall.
• Water bottles will be placed in a designated space within the gymnastics court.
• Gymnasts should come to training GYM READY, wearing a leotard or t-shirt, leggings/shorts and sliders/flip flops/trainers. Any additional clothing such as jackets should be given to the parent or guardian.
• All long hair must be up tightly in either a bun, plaited or in a ponytail, so it stays in place for the duration of the session.
• All jewellery must be removed with any recent piercings being taped before entering the gym.
• Coaches cannot help with putting hair up or taping.
• There is a dedicated ‘gymnasts’ toilet which is located to the side of the Gymnastics court, accessed from the corridor.
•The Accessible Toilet (with baby changing station) will remain open as normal.
• All parents/guardians will be required to fully supervise their child(ren) when visiting the toilet if they are Pre-school or P1 – P3.
• Hand washing signs are in place to remind our customers of the hand washing procedures required.
• Customers must sanitise their hands upon arrival at the venue.
• We also have several sanitising stations around Gymnastics court for participants to use throughout the class.
• We have a number of additional cleaning measures in place to ensure your child’s safety.
• Full cleaning of the venue will take place daily with high touch point areas being cleaned regularly.
• Equipment with high touch points such as wedges and tabletops will be cleaned between each session.
Q. WHEN WILL THE SESSIONS RESTART?
We’re delighted that our Gymnastics and Wee Springers will restart as follows:
Gymnastics – from Monday 10th May 2021
Wee Springers – from Tuesday 11th May 2021
This block of sessions will run for 10 weeks until the week beginning 12th July.
Q. WHY ARE THE CLASSES NOT STARTING ON 26TH APRIL 2021?
Bell’s Sports Centre is being used by Perth & Kinross Council for the Scottish Election on 6th May, so classes are unable to start until 15:00 on 10th May.
Q. ARE THE LOCALITY SESSIONS RESTARTING?
We continue to work in partnership with Perth and Kinross Council regarding access and will share any updates as we have them, but we will continue to offer all Gymnastics and Wee Springers classes from Bell's Sports Centre in the meantime.
Q. WILL IT BE IN THE SAME SPACE IN BELL’S SPORTS CENTRE?
Yes, Gymnastics and Wee Springer sessions will continue to take place in the Main Arena, however this term we’ll benefit from having a larger space to tumble around in.
Q. I WANT TO CHANGE THE DAY/TIME MY CHILD ATTENDS, WHO DO I CONTACT?
Q. MY WEE SPRINGER WILL BE MOVING INTO PRIMARY 1 IN AUGUST, DO I NEED TO JOIN A WAITING LIST?
Q. WHAT CAN WE EXPECT WHEN CLASSES RESUME?
We thought this one needed a friendly face to explain, so here’s some of the Gymnastics Coaching team with a quick video on what to expect >>> WATCH THE VIDEO HERE.
Please keep an eye on our social media pages and website for further updates and remember to follow our Gymnastics Facebook page, it’s packed with fun, photos and important news.
Now…look out those leotards and start practicing, our very excited Coaching Team will see you on the mat soon!
In addition, we ask all customers to read through our customer guide for additional information on what is required when using our venues.
We’re currently dealing with a large volume of enquiries so ask that you visit our Frequently Asked Questions webpage before contacting us as it may answer any queries you have. Any further updates will be shared on our website and social media channels.