Live Active Leisue swimming pools are for your enjoyment and with your co-operation we hope to maintain safe and hygienic pools. Observing the following hygiene and safety rules will protect you and your family from possible infection and the pool from harmful contamination.
Health & Safety
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by and under the constant supervision of an adult of at least 16 years old. Please view our Child Admissions Policy for further details on the ratios for different age groups.
- For groups of 5 children or more aged 8 - 11 years, it is recommended that the following adult to child ratios are adopted by the group organisers:
• for children aged 8 - 9 years: a ratio of 1 adult to 5 children
• for children aged 10 - 11 years: a ratio of 1 adult to 15 children
- All jewellery and personal belongings should be secured in a locker prior to entering the water.
- Either a 20p/50p/£1 is required for the lockers, which is returned. Check with venue for details.
- Perth Leisure Pool operates a Health Suite. Under 12's are not permitted to use this facility. Children aged 12 - 15 years must be supervised by an adult at all times (ratio 1 adult to 2 children).
- Do not swim if you are suffering from sickness and/or diarohea. This especially applies to young children and babies. We also recommend that you do not swim for up to 14 days after you have had sickness and/or diarohea.
- Babies and toddlers still in nappies should wear elasticated swim nappies to guard against accidental contamination. These are available for purchase from reception.
- Do not change nappies on poolside - please use the toilets or baby changing facility.
- Always shower properly before you swim - this will significantly improve water quality and reduce the risk of contamination. Please also ensure that children and babies are properly washed and showered before entering a pool.
- Health Suite and Gym users in particular, should shower each time before swimming.
- Visit the toilet before you swim, taking the children as well. Remember to always wash your hands after using the toilet.
- Disinfectant wipes are available for cleaning baby change areas before and after use.
- Goggles, ear plugs and verruca socks will protect you and others from infection. These are available for purchase from reception.
- Avoid swallowing pool water.