50 For A Reason #11: Nicki Signs on for MaxFit
Nicki has signed on for the new MaxFit membership and has already reaped the rewards of steaming out those festive indulgences!
Happy New Year Everyone! I hope Santa was good you and you indulged fully in the excesses of Christmas and New Year. I have to say, I am possibly more cheese than woman at this point but every last mouthful was worth it!
Back in November the regular Live Active Leisure newsletter dropped into my inbox and there in front of me was a new and improved membership package that suited me to a tee.
Showcasing the new MaxFit membership the email described a package that would include Health Suite access, one Personal Training Session a month and twice monthly contact with a dedicated trainer to keep you on track.
On top of this there would be regular fitness and health reviews and cholesterol and diabetes checks. (It also includes unlimited Les Mills GRIT sessions but we’ll see how that goes…. EEK!).
Honestly, it was as though they had crawled into my head and had a look around to find out exactly what I wanted. I was diagnosed with Exercise Induced Asthma last year and I’ve been thinking a regular steam session and sauna wouldn’t go amiss. This could be purely placebo (no need for any doctors to write in!) but I always think whatever works for you is worth doing. I also love a PT session to keep me on track and monthly check-ins (especially when my trainer can see how often I’ve been right there on the screen...) is a good motivator for me. I wasn’t sure if I’d be eligible as I pay a corporate membership via my business but it turns out I was in early and will be one of an exclusive of band of fifteen.
Here’s what you get for only £54.95 per month.
- Health Suite Bolt-On
- Unlimited Les Mills GRIT sessions
- Monthly Personal Training* sessions with ongoing Personal Programme
- Twice monthly contact to help keep you motivated and on track
- Quarterly Fitness & Health Reviews*
- 6 Monthly Cholesterol and Diabetes check
- Welcome Pack, including Gym Bag, Towel and Drinks Shaker
* Personal Training and Fitness & Health Reviews are only available at Live Active Rodney or North Inch Campus. My membership started on 1st January so this morning I headed along to Perth Leisure Pool in an attempt to steam out some of my late night revelling and early afternoon gorging! I reckon my first fitness review may be a bit of a shocker – but then the only way is UP!
If, like me, you’re feeling the need to get into some good habits but feel this is just a bit full on then check out the second of this year’s new membership packages, StartFit. StartFit Camp is a 12 week commitment to get you looking good and feeling great and includes weekly weigh-ins to keep your motivation high if losing pounds is your main goal (I’m thinking I should have done both!).
Packed full of extra benefits including work outs with small groups, PT sessions and unlimited access to pools, fitness classes and gyms I’d say this is a great one for people looking to start out on a fitness path. Recent research has shown that small group exercise provides you with a stronger motivation and will encourage you to work harder and more often.
Add to this the benefits of personal training sessions, the weigh ins and food diary reviews and you will see why this new health & fitness camp programme is the perfect start to 2016! StartFit is a 3 month membership and again, spaces on this programme are limited to 15.
Here's what you get as a member of the StartFit programme:
- Unlimited access to all LAL's pools, fitness classes and gyms
- 2 weekly small group training sessions*
- A weekly weigh in*
- Fitness Assessment at the start and end of your 12 weeks
- Two individual Personal Training sessions
- Two food diary reviews
- Access to the private StartFit Facebook Group
- Regular contact with your fitness mentor to keep you motivated and on track
- Live Active Rewards - a discount scheme offering discounts for many local businesses
- Welcome Pack, including Gym Bag, Towel, Water Bottle and Pedometer
- No contracts, no joining fee and no peak rates
* These session take place at North Inch Campus.
Official registration for StartFit members will be Tuesday 12th January and the camp programme is priced at £59.95 per month for 3 months. If you'd like to join but can't start until a little later, you can register up to 22nd January.
There we have it – another two amazing reasons behind Live Active’s 50 year success story. Will you be one of the lucky thirty reaping the rewards? If so, I’ll see you in the steam room / GRIT class / pounding it out on the treadmill! Here's to a fit, healthy and happy 2016!