UK Coaching Courses
Opportunities for Sports Coaches and Volunteers
Personal Development Workshops for Sports Coaches and Volunteers
1. Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport - Free You must be aged 18 and over.
This training is suitable for all adults involved in sports organiations that have under 18 participants. It is targeted at all coaches and volunteers working directly with children and young people. The training gives an insight into the issues and legal matters surrounding child wellbeing and protection in sport as well as giving practical guidance for clubs. There are two learning modules to complete.
Step 1: Register for a module 2 course below.
Step 2: When you have registered your place on a module 2 course below, an email will be sent to you via sportscotland. This will be sent no later than 2 weeks prior to your course starting. The email will ask you to create a brightspace account via sportscotland's new online portal system. This will allow you to access Module 1 which you must complete before attending Module 2. It is theory based and takes approximately 45 minutes to complete.
|Module 2 - Online training||Thurs 2 September||6.30-9.30pm||Places||Click here|
|Module 2 - Online training||Mon 8 November||6.30-9.30pm||Places||Click here|
2. Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport: Officer Training (formally In Safe Hands) - Free
This 3 hour workshop supports clubs to put child protection policies into practice. It is most suitable for those acting as the club protection officer but is also relevant for those responsible for managing or organising the club. It is a requirement that the individuals have attended a Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport / Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop before attending this Workshop.
3. Emergency First Aid - £60.00* (plus booking fee)
IQL Level 2 Emergency First Aid courses for sport coaches. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course.
4. Sports Injury First Aid - £45.00* (plus booking fee)
This is a Sports First Aid course that can be accessed for any individual involved in Sport who would like to gain a qualification in Sports First Aid. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course.
|Online training||Saturday 2 October||9am - 4.30pm||Places||Click here|
5. Scottish Youth Football Association recognised Emergency First Aid - £60.00* (plus booking fee)Sports injury first aid course. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course.
6. First Aid For Mental Health Awareness - £30.00* (plus booking fee)
This awareness course is suitable for everyone as it provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a suspected mental health condition and the skills to start a conversation and be able to signpost a person towards professional help. You must be aged 16 and over to attend this course.
|Online training||Monday 15 November||6 - 9pm||Places||Click here|
* PACES clubs receive a limited number of free places, per calendar year, on the workshops (detailed below). Once these places have been allocated the normal charge will apply.
|Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport||1||2||3|
|Children 1st - In Safe Hands||1||2||3|
|Emergency First Aid and SFYA First Aid||1||2||3|