50 For A Reason #36 : Half way Holiday Update!
The holidays are half way through already! There’s been rain, there’s been glorious sunshine, hail and a rather spectacular thunder storm. The good news is, whatever the weather Live Active Leisure has something to keep the kids happy and active!
We know that this year’s Pokemon Go sensation at least gets them up and walking around but it’s fair to say that all of us parents still hope for a little screen downtime. When kids are active, their bodies and minds develop in a positive way.
And lets be honest, anything that breaks the cycle of I’m Bored / I hate my sister / Why can’t I watch Netflix all day long has to be a huge bonus! Our Holiday Hero camps have proved to be a HUGE hit with kids of all ages – from 5 to 15 – and we’re delighted to report that this year is bigger and better than ever before!
Because we’re half way through, some of the camps are sold out and waiting lists are growing by the day. However, there are a few spaces remaining across the localities and its well worth a little call in to find out what’s available as you plan and book for the final three week countdown.
GO PLAY SUMMER OFFER
This summer, Live Active Leisure is encouraging parents to bring that love of the pool to children by offering a £2 entry to ALL POOLS for the entire month of July. Their amazing GO PLAY offer runs 1st to 31st July and is open to kids age 5 – 15 (remember your under-fives swim free all the time!).
SINGLE SESSION AND CAMP AVAILABILITY
Breadalbane Community Campus
- 25th July and 5th August - Aqua Skills 2-4pm (8 years+)
- 26th July - Gymnastics 5-6pm (P4-P7)
- 28th July and 4th August - Squash 6-7pm (P4-P7)
- 29th July - Racket Sports 1-2pm (P1-P3) and 2-3pm (P4-P7)
- 1st August - Football 1-2pm (P1-P3) and 2-3pm (P4-P7)
- Bouncearound drop-in sessions happening every Wed, Fri, Sunday 10.30am-12noon for 12 months to 5 years
- Game Time drop-in sessions happening every Monday and Thursday from 1-3pm for P1-P7
Perth Leisure Pool & Dewars Centre
Mon 18 - Fri 22 Jul & Mon 25 - Fri 29 Jul
Skate & Swim Camp 08:30 - 17:30
A camp for children aged 8+. Enjoy a skating session followed by Wet & Wild pool session.
- Netball camp for P4-S2 on week 5 (Monday 1/8/16 to Friday 5/8/16, 10am-12pm)
- Athletics camp for P1-P7 on week 6 (Monday 8/8/16 to Friday 12/8/16), 10am-12pm
All year round including summer your kids can join the coolest in town with the Perth Leisure Pool and Live Active Loch Leven Swim Discos. Children aged 8 and older love to listen to the latest music, have fun with their mates and take part in some amazingly fun water games and competitions.
Remember, 60 minutes a day will all help develop:
- strong muscles and bones
- weight control
- better sleep
- a happy and healthy outlook on life
- Self esteem
And as if that wasn't encouragement enough, we hear that some of our gyms have had a few interetsing visitors this week... They're just there for the catching! #PokemonGo!