ACTIVE ENERGY : GET READY FOR SUMMER!
With the school holidays kicking things off, we thought it was time we spoke about Live Active Energy! Who better to fill us in than Blair Brown, a Live Active Fitness Instructor based in the Perth area who started life with LAL as an Active Energy user?
This month we’re talking about Active Energy, the Live Active brand developed specifically for ages 12 - 15. We all know that keeping ourselves active is important for our bodies, minds and exam stress levels but how do you fit it in between homework, meeting your mates and making sure you’re in when your mum says you should be?!
The Active Energy programme has thought about all of this and offers you great sporting action, gym access and a range of fitness classes at various times of day. There’s a fab membership for only £15 per month which gives you free access to loads to stuff (check out the details below) or you can also bag yourself a FREE Live Active Card at any of our venues which offers discounted entry prices to all of our facilities.
Have fun - Blair
LET’S GET STARTED – TOP FIVE ACTIVE ENERGY IDEAS
We all love our mums and dads but sometimes you just want to get out with your mates and do things on your own. We’ve pulled together some top ideas that allow teenagers to take part in sports and fitness on their own terms, and in a safe environment. Squeezing in just 60 minutes a day – or four sessions of 15 minutes, or two of 30, you get the idea – will keep you relaxed, happy and feeling great!
As well as all of these great year-round activities, Active Energy also offers up a fantastic choice of Summer Holiday 2017 Sessions. Check out the timetable here >>>
- Sportshalls - Why not grab your mates and book into one of our sportshalls for a game of fives, netball, badminton or table tennis? Active Energy members play for free so the more of you joined up, the better fun you’ll have. There are halls available across Perthshire and Kinross and these can be booked 7 days in advance.
- MUGA – Or multi-use games areas as they’re also known! A bit like sportshalls for the outdoors this is the way to go in summer! Gat active outdoors while having a game of tennis or grab the goals and have a kick about in the sunshine.
- Swimming – Always a favourite, a trip to the swimmies is the perfect way to spend your weekends. Those of you looking to get fit can race your mates (or yourself!) by getting in the lengths or simply have a bit of fun on the flumes or at one of our Pool Discos.
- Gyms - Book a gym induction in any of our venues and once you’ve completed this, you're good to go. Live Active Rodney in Perth has Teen Fitness supervised sessions for 12 – 15 year olds running Monday to Friday up to 5pm. Outwith this, you’re still free to attend but you’ll need someone who’s over 16 to join you.
- Skating – Who doesn’t love Ice Skating? From a chilled out skate around the edge of the ice to more daring stunts for the confident skaters amongst you, this is LAL’s newest addition to the Active Energy membership and one that you and your mates are going to LOVE! Timetables for Dewars Centre here >>>
There are some fantastic fitness classes available for aged 12 and over including BodyBalance, Aerobics, BodyAttack, Spin, RPM and Yoga. From early morning through to early evening you’ll find something to suit your sporting style - all we ask is that you’re there with a responsible person aged 16 and over. Check out our venue timetables or class search above for more choice and information and look out for the Active Energy icon in the class activities search to see what's suitable for you.
ACTIVE ENERGY activities included in the £15 per month membership option
- Swimming including the swimming disco
- Ice Skating (excluding skate hire)
- Muga Pitches
- Fitness classes (those aged 12 & 13 must be accompanied by an adult)
- 10% off zoggs membership
- Access to Live Active Rewards
- 10% off food and drinks