READY, GET SET, TIME TO TRAIN!
We have officially launched the Live Active Race Series 2017! From a 10K to a Sprint Tri and a Junior aquathlon, we’ve pulled together a fantastic choice of events which are sure to suit all ages, fitness levels and experience. Entry Central is live and the first of the emails are winging their way to regular runners, tri-athletes and relay teams as I type.
- 13th May - Junior Aquathlon (ages 8 - 16) - Breadalbane Community Campus.
BOOK NOW >>>
- 14th May - Aberfeldy Sprint Triathlon - Individual and team entries welcome.
BOOK NOW >>>
- 24th June - Junior Aquathlon (ages 8 - 16) - Strathearn Community Campus.
BOOK NOW >>>
- 17th September - Pitlochry 10k and 5k
If you’re looking for a new challenge this year, or if you’re hoping to beat your previous personal best then make sure you sign up now and set your goal in place. Research shows that people with a clear vision are more likely to plan, execute and complete the steps it takes to make that dream a reality.
We know from experience here at LAL that sporting goals are always easier achieved with plenty of support and encouragement, that’s why we’ve brought all the info you need to train into one easy blog post. So whether you’re a great runner looking to improve your swimming and cycling, or a pool mad water baby hoping to knock some seconds off of that run, this is a great place to start!
Sign up NOW and then get your practice sessions booked to guarantee success!
See you there,
Swimming Opportunities For Triathlon or Aquathlon Events
Get in some additional pool training and pick up tips from the experts.
Perth Leisure Pool
- Swim lessons for all ages to improve your stroke technique (waiting lists apply to some activities, call for further information).
- For working on your swimming fitness, day break dip lane swim sessions are programmed in Monday to Friday early morning 6.30am-8.30am, lunchtime 12 noon-1.00pm and mid-afternoon 3.00pm-4.00pm allowing you to slot a swim session in to your working day.
- Monday night’s Aqua Bootcamp gives you an opportunity to take part in a great session that will really help you with training.
Breadalbane Community Campus and Strathearn Community Campus:
- Lane Swimming – morning, noon and night options to fit in with your working day.
- Swimfit cards are now available on poolside to help you make the most of your pool sessions
- A new Masters swimming group have recently started using Breadalbane Community Campus pool on a Wednesday night – call to find out more.
Live Active Loch Leven
- Lane Swimming sessions every day of the week – check out our timetable for more details.
Live Active Blairgowrie
- Lane sessions are ideal for training for the swim section of your triathlon or Aquathlon. We also offer adult and junior swimming lessons if you need to improve your technique (waiting lists apply to some activities, call for further information).
For the young athletes in your house, keep an eye on the Live Active Highland and Live Active Strathearn Facebook pages for some exciting sessions in the lead up to the Youth and Junior Aquathlons in May and June.
General Fitness Opportunities
Of course, the best way to train for running and cycling events is to get out there and run or cycle. However, its also crucial to ensure you’re in great shape generally as this will help you with stamina and strength - both of which you'll need to make it to the finish line. To start building these all important fitness levels we recommend you have a look round your local venue where you'll find lots of help and guidance. From fantastic classes to build cardio and stamina to personal gym programmes targeting your exact requirements, we'll have you race ready and raring to go!
Bell’s Sports Centre
Spin and RPM classes will help you focus on your cycling if you are aiming for our Sprint Triathlon. To get a balance in your training you could also book classes such as GRIT, Metafit, Body Balance or PiYo – all offering fantastic exercises and conditioning that will complement your event training.
Live Active Letham
Our Boxerfit Class on a Tuesday evening is a great high impact class that you could add to your fitness regime to complement your swimming, cycling or running.
Live Active Rodney
Les Mills Body Pump, Body Combat, Body Attack, Body Step and Body Balance – these will all offer you something to help your training. Give our reception a call to find out about these great classes or ask about our gym programmes. You can also search all of our Live Active Rodney classes here.
North Inch Community Campus
TRX (Wednesday), Ladies Gym Circuits (Monday and Wednesday), Mixed Gym Circuit (Saturday) and Core Class (Tuesday and Thursday) will all help you build strength and stamina.
Breadalbane Community Campus
Get your week’s training off to a great start with a HIIT session followed by Body Balance on a Monday night – a high impact session followed by a session that will help your core and your stretching - an ideal combination. Throughout the rest of the week there are a mix of other classes such as Aquafit, Aerobics and Total Body Workout to help complement your training.
Live Active Atholl, Pitlochry
We have a great selection of classes throughout the week that will help complement your event training – start or end your week with a short and sharp Metafit class on Monday or Friday. Add in some Wednesday night Aerobics to give some variety to your training.
Strathearn Community Campus
Choose from our great selection of classes – you are sure to find something that you like and something that will help complement your CV training. From Kettlebells, to Aquafit, to Metafit – and that’s just Monday! Aerobics, Total Body Workout, Pilates, Core Stability and not forgetting our great Les Mills classes – there's something for all our athletes out there.
Live Active Blairgowrie
From Metafit to Aquafit and Aerobics to Water Boot Camp, you will find a class to complement your training.
Personal Training & Personal Programmes
Available in all localities at Live Active Rodney, Breadalbane Community Campus, Live Active Atholl, Strathearn Community Campus
Personal programmes are also available at Loch Leven Community Campus and Live Active Loch Leven
If you need some extra motivation to get going with your training give our instructors a call and book in for a programme (£15.00) or a block of personal training sessions (£25 per 1:1 session or £125 for a block of 6). Or, team up with a buddy and book in for a 1:2 session for £40.
DO IT NOW!
- Perth Leisure Pool - Telephone 01738-454654