Calling All Sporting Super Heroes!
Can you believe that here at Live Active Leisure, we have been providing Holiday Camp activities for the children of Perth and Kinross for over 20 years now? Whilst many of you may remember joining in the fun with the Red Heart Gang in the eighties and nineties (yes, it really was that long ago!), and the the Motov8 Team in the early noughties (please send us pics if you have them!), today's kids are all about being a Holiday Hero!
Ever popular, our sporting camps provide children with an opportunity to join in fun activities whilst building their confidence in the sporting world. Football, multi-sports, swimming, dance and gymnastics are just a few of the activities on offer; full-day and half-day camps, as well as single sessions lasting two hours ensure there is plenty of choice to suit everyone.
Help Us Find Our 2019 Heores!
Following the huge engagement and success of our 'real members' campaign in 2017 and 2018, we are inviting local primary aged children to enter our fun competition for the chance to become the faces of year's promotional materials.
We need a squad of ten super-powered friends, classmates or team mates to come together to be photographed for the active good of kids everywhere!
All they need to do is tell us what their sporty super power would be, and why they think it’s important to stay active. The winning squad will be become the Holiday Heroes of 2019, and will join us for a photoshoot this February.
How To Enter: Coaches, teachers, group leaders, parents and carers can nominate a group of children (8 – 10 kids) to become our holiday heroes. Deadline Friday 8th February.
Q1. What sporty superpower would your LAL Holiday Hero have?
Q2. Tell us why you think it’s important to stay active.
- A photoshoot with your sporting hero squad, with a printed copy for everyone.
- A one month Active Fun Membership for Live Active Leisure for all group members.
All children must be available as a group at 10:00 on Friday 15th February (in service day) for a 2 hour photoshoot at Bell's Sport Centre. Written permission for all children must be given by their parent or guardian before the day. Photographs will be used by Live Active Leisure in promotional material for Active Fun branded activities and may appear on web, posters, social media, adverts, leaflets and in media publications both as print and online pr.
HOW CAN YOU HELP SPREAD THE WORD?
2. Download the poster here >>> and print for the walls of your local community centre, school or shops.
Benefits of the LAL Holiday Hero Camps:
Kids have a great time, meeting new friends and smashing recommended health targets for those all-important, daily activity minutes - see our Top Ten below. Added to this, parents are ensured a safe, trusted and well-structured environment for their family, and holiday time childcare is sorted out without any moans or groans!
- Fun, Fun, Fun! Your child will enjoy running, skipping, jumping, kicking balls, throwing hoops and all of the other great fun things that happen when they're active.
- Physical activity develops children’s self-esteem and confidence as they learn how to overcome challenging situations and further develop social skills such as leadership and empathy.
- Exercise increases the blood flow to all body tissues, including the brain which means better concentration levels both in school and out of it.
- Active children improve their body’s ability to absorb oxygen through aerobic exercise. Due to the increased oxygen in their body’s cells they feel more energised. Plus, active children develop stronger bone structure and muscle structure which will last into adulthood.
- Active children breathe better and sweat more. Breathing and sweating are great ways to detoxify the body and help it keep “clean.”
- Exercise enhances the brain’s metabolism and studies show that active children have improved memory as a result of better brain function.
- Moderate, fun-oriented exercise increases all of those beneficial hormones while at the same time, burning off excess harmful hormones.
- Studies report that exercise decreases anxiety, reduces depression, and improves mood and outlook in children. In addition, their quality of sleep is improved.
- Active children have a stronger immune system! The body’s ability to fight disease is improved. Children are less prone to colds, allergies, and diseases.
- As with adults, exercise means a reduction of type 2 diabetes, a lower blood pressure, an improvement of the child’s cholesterol profile and a strengthening of the entire cardiovascular system, including the heart and lungs.