Support For Athletes
We're committed to supporting our local athletes so that they can fulfil their potential and achieve success. Outlined below are the two programmes that we deliver for our local athletes again with support from the Gannochy Trust.
Talented Athlete Scheme
This allows eligible athletes FREE access to Live Active facilities.
They must meet the following criteria:
• Be a resident in Perth and Kinross OR be a member of a Perth and Kinross based club
• The athlete must represent their sport at ANY of the following standards:
- Scottish Institute of Sport
- Area Institute of Sport
- Scottish/ British/ European/ World Championship Title Holder
- Scottish or Great Britain Squad member
• The sport the athlete participates in must have a governing body recognised by sportscotland
• The application must be endorsed by the relevant NGB or Area Institute / Squad Coach
1. The athlete should complete the application form and get it endorsed by the relevant NGB or Area Institute / Squad Coach.
2. The application should then be submitted to Live Active Leisure, where it will be assessed.
3. The athlete will be sent notification of the outcome of their application, including any particular conditions which may affect their access to our leisure venues. APPLICATION AVAILABLE HERE
Performance Strength and Conditioning
Live Active Leisure recognises the importance of giving local athletes access to strength and conditioning training. With the support of the Gannochy Trust, Live Active Leisure offer
strength and conditioning sessions in line with the Gannochy initiatives outcome to support the development of talented athletes in Perth and Kinross.
Currently, the strength and conditioning gym is due to undergo refurbishment. We are looking to renew our strength and conditioning support for athletes and clubs in January 2019.