Community Sports Hubs
What is a Community Sport Hub?
Community Sport Hubs is a sportscotland 2014 Commonwealth Games Legacy sports development project. The idea behind a hub is for all sports clubs, organisations and parties interested and involved in sport within a facility or a locality to work together to share good practice, expertise, knowledge and resources and to become stronger together. Community sport hubs bring clubs and the community together to achieve a shared vision for developing sport.
Each Community Sport Hub is unique with its own vision and values that reflect the uniqueness of the community in which it is based, but all hubs work to five common principles;
• Growth in participation • Understanding community need • Supporting community leadership • Offering a range of sports • Ensuring all the right people work together
What is the benefit of being involved with a Community Sport Hub?
Our community sport hubs team can support clubs and hub members to:
• Increase the numbers of participants and volunteers and develop people to be the best they can be
• Develop the places sport, physical activities and active recreation takes place in communities and contribute to community planning
• Raise the profile of local sports and sporting opportunities
• Become robust, well organised organisations that have effective plans, policies and procedures in place
• Be sustainable and well resourced
Want to set up a new community sport hub in your village or town?
To become a community sport hub, we require commitment from three different sports clubs in a community to work towards the five key principles listed above. Once clubs have met and agreed they wish to proceed, please contact either Hazel Donaldson or Gemma Simpson, Community Sport Hubs Officer, Live Active Leisure, Bell’s Sports Centre, Hay Street, Perth, PH1 5HS
Tel: 01738 454691 / 01738 472245