Community Sports Hubs
What is a Community Sport Hub?
Community Sport Hubs is a sportscotland 2014 Commonwealth Games Legacy sports development project. The idea behind a hub is for all sports clubs, organisations and parties interested and involved in sport within a facility or a locality to work together to share good practice, expertise, knowledge and resources. Community Sport Hubs bring clubs and the community together to achieve a shared vision for developing sport.
Each Community Sport Hub is unique with it's own vision and values that reflect the uniqueness of the community in which it is based, but all hubs work to five common principles;
• Growth in participation • Understanding community need • Supporting community leadership • Offering a range of sports • Ensuring all the right people work together
What is the benefit of being involved with a Community Sport Hub?
• Increased numbers of participants, volunteers and officials.
• You become part of a local sporting network where good practice, ideas, knowledge and resources are shared.
• Coaches, officials and volunteers become more skilled through accessing development and training opportunities.
• Assistance to identify and access funding.
• Assistance to achieve Perth and Kinross Accredited Club Excellence Scheme (PACES).
• Access to a dedicated, local, full time sports development officer.
• Links provided to key sport personnel from sportscotland, national governing bodies, local authority and third sector interface to support your club/project development.
• Sports clubs become stronger, more organised and robust organisations that understand and meet the community’s need.
• Young hub leaders bring young people’s views to the heart of decision making.
• Community engagement and consultation.
• Ensure quality facilities exist to provide improved access for local people and sports clubs at affordable prices and that the community sports hub is integrated with local facility planning and programming.
• A strong unified voice in the planning and development of local sport.
• Links to pathways to develop talented athletes.
Where are the Community Sports Hubs?
Want to set up a new community sport hub in your village or town?
For further information, please contact, Kirsteen Ross, Perth and Kinross Community Sport Hubs Officer, Live Active Leisure, Bell’s Sports Centre, Hay Street, Perth, PH1 5HS
Tel: 01738 472245